Páginas

Currently Reading | January 2016


Books I'm currently reading (that transition from last year) ...

Short Stories books

1) Gloria in Excelsis Histórias Portuguesas de Natal by Vasco Graça Moura (Editor)
It's an Anthology of Christmas Portuguese Stories. I've read a few already and I'm enjoying it a lot. Most of these short stories are so rich in descriptions that I just want to draw them!

2) Os melhores contos de H.P. Lovecraft, vol. 1 by H.P. Lovecraft

3) A Good Man is Hard to Find and Other Stories by Flannery O'Connor (ebook)
Flannery O'Connor short stories are amazing, and never end they you think they might. To me they talk about human behaviour and also show how people lived in the US (so far the ones I've read more in the rural area).

Crime novels
1) Rapture in Death (In Death Series #4) by J.D. Robb (audiobook)
J. D. Robb is a pseudonym for my favourite romance novels writer Nora Roberts. It's a very interesting series set in the future. The main character is Detective Eve Dallas. The books are about her cases but also her personal life. I'm enjoying these books in the audiobook version.


2) The Killing by David Hewson
Yes, I'm still talking about this book. This book is huge (800 pages), and I know a big part of the story (because of the american TV show, although this book is written inspired in the Danish screenplay/TV show original version ). In February it will make a year that I'm reading this book. The written is not hard to read, you accompanied the daily investigation of a murder. But it's so information packed that one day seams a lot more time!

Fantasy & Horror
1) Horns by Joe Hill (ebook)
I read half of this book and then stopped and never reach it again. I might try to listen to the audiobook.


2) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
At last I'm reading some classics! I have this thing for reading the originals. And there so many things about Frankenstein in so many other works of fiction that I thought it was time for me to read the original thing. I've read before some short stories by Mary Shelley and I liked her style. However this time I'm trying it in english.

Non-fiction



1) How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
This book was actually started a few days ago. The first chapters were fun. Let's see how the rest goes.

Comics & Graphic Novels
1) From Hell by Alan Moore, Eddie Campbell (illustrator), Pete Mullins (illustrator) (ebook)
Alan Moore comics are always very dense and well build. This one is about Jack the Ripper. I wasn't expecting it to be so awesome has it is. But it's so dense that I have to go slow so I don't miss on the details.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário