Páginas

Authors I want to read in 2016

Probably I won't get to all of these authors during this year, but at least I would like to try.

Alan Moore
Alan Moore is well know for comics like Watchmen and V for Vendetta. I'm currently reading the comic From Hell which talks about Jack the Ripper. At least this one I want to finish. But I might grab other comic or even revisit one that I've read before.

Mike Mignola
Mike Mignola is the author to some of my favourite comics series. I love the drawings and stories from Hellboy (and all the sequels and side characters that derive from his world.) It's time to get back to world full of weird creatures and folk tales inspired stories. I'm particularly curious about the Witchfinder!

Anne Rice
For years I try to find Anne Rice books. Last year I collected a few from two different but connected series - The Vampire Chronicles and Lives of the Mayfair Witches. I'm worried that these books might be a little addicting, but it's time to leave that though behind and grab one of them!

Thomas Harris
Last year I read the two first books from the Hannibal Lecter series. I can't wait to read more about him in the next two books. (and somehow I also wish that there were more books about him, so far I'm loving the books and I'm also a huge fan of the movies with the ... as Hannibal Lecter).

Stephen King
I never though that I would be into second hand books. But now I am. I never thought I would appreciate old books with cheesy covers - but I do! Specially these editions that scream 80's! They might be old and battered but I love them! I think that they illustrate so well the stories that are inside and I only read the back cover. I'm not sure from where to begin but for sure I'm coming back to some more Stephen King.

Tess Gerritsen
I've only started these series this year, but I'm already addicted. I hope the next ones are as good as the first two (I will talk about The Surgeon and The Apprentice in Books Read in January post)

James Patterson (with Maxine Paetro)
I really like thrillers and crime books. These ones are short, easy and quick to read. I'm on the 6th book of the series and all books that I've read so far are always so unpredictable (at least most part of the book). The 14th book is already published and 15th one will be published this year!

Have you read anything from these authors? What do you recommend?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário