Páginas

The Muffin Tops: Oatmeal Cookies

small note, it's a small dish!, yes the cookies are THAT big.

I was already for a couple of days imagining what I could cook, something sweet but not too sweet, something good and that end with my cravings for good sweets, but didn't blew out totally my "diet".
For the past months I've seen some cookies and muffins recipes with oatmeal, and I was very curious of what that would taste like.
So Wednesday I've done some research over some websites that I enjoy and I had two recipes to choose from:
1 Dozen Rummy Oatmeal Cookies by Dessert for Two
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by Joy of Baking










I ended by choosing the last one, and adapted to what I had at home. And Yesterday after lunch I've made these nice, extra sweet cookies.


Oatmeal Cookies


226 gr unsalted butter (at room temperature)
250 gr sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
195 gr flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt (I ended up to forget about the salt)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
(arouns) 260 gr rolled oats (I have this mixture of Tropical Muesly, that had oatmeal, wheat flakes, a mix of dry fruits - like raisins, coconut, banana, apple, etc, oh and also have almonds. So it was a very rich mixture).

Ignore the small bowls, they were supposed to be chocolate mousse without eggs and stuffs, and they seam to me that they were working, but they ended up to stay liquid, and no one like them. Probably will try to freeze them and eat them with vanilla ice-cream. I saw the recipe in a blog that I follow and decided to try. What a big FAIL it was. It make me sad. But the good thing of the day was really the cookies. I was just not expecting them to be THAT BIG, the bigger one have like 12 cm of diameter, a regular cookie (like Maria) as like 5 cm of diameter, so these are monstrous cookies.


Preheat oven to 177º C.
In a bowl and my hand mixer I've beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Added the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beated in the vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisked together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
Then I add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until incorporated. And the stir in the Tropical Muesly.
To make the cookies I've used an ice cream scoop, and placed around six cookies on each baking sheet. Then flatten the cookies a little bit and took them to the oven between 14 to 18 minutes. (The cookies are done when golden brown on the edges and soft in the center).
The original talked in 18 large cookies, I've made 16 HUGE Cookies. and they are good.




I have small thing to ask about these photos, which ones you think work better? Some were taken in the kitchen with lights on, and the others with natural light (although it was not very easy, because sun keep on hidden, so sometimes I have loads of light, and others don't). Thank you.

Extra notes: In the end I think I could have put more of the Tropical Muesly, or maybe just have used oatmeal. Also I should I've tried with brown sugar, I really think it will work better with oatmeal and the brown sugar. As final commentary, I think the recipes doesn't need that much butter, so next time I will try it or with olive oil or with half of the butter.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário